Find out how our concrete scanners are designed for precise, non-destructive structural analysis and detecting hidden objects
Detection systems help pinpoint hidden objects in cured concrete
It’s often difficult to know what lies beneath the surface of a floor, ceiling, or wall when you’re working onsite. Our Hilti concrete scanners can help find what’s there without the need to physically remove concrete or other base material.
Use our detection systems to locate metal and non-metal objects before you drill, core, saw, or cut.
Hit prevention and non-destructive testing with detection systems
Avoid opening existing structures to locate objects or measure rebar size
Help improve safety and avoid accidents onsite, such as cutting through a live electrical conduit or a tension cable
Avoid project delays and reduce the risk of costly structural damage and repairs
Avoid hitting an embedded object and damaging drill bits
Our range of cordless detection tools and systems are shock, dust and water-resistant, and can help:
- Find metal and non-metal embedded objects in concrete, bricks, masonry and other base materials
- Perform non-destructive structural inspection of rebar – estimate depth of concrete cover, location and dimension of rebar
- Find metal and non-metal pipes, such as PVC
- Identify live wires to help locate electrical conduits
- Find wood, structural steel reinforcement, post-tension cables (PT cables), pre-stressed tendons (PS tendons), concrete beams and more
- Discover complex layouts of multiple embedded objects over large areas, which is particularly useful for large structures such as bridges or tunnels
- Accurately detect the exact drill hole entry or exit point and easily determine the drill bit length required based on the measured slab/wall thickness
Choose the right detection system
Find objects in single layer formations up to 6" in depth
The Hilti PS 50 multidetector can locate rebar, metal or plastic pipes, live wires, wood and more under the surface of structures prior to drilling, coring, sawing or slitting.
Find rebar, estimate size and depth of concrete cover
Use the PS 300 Ferroscan system for rebar localization, depth measurement and size estimation during structural analysis.
Scan large areas and find objects in multiple layers of concrete
With the PS 1000 X-Scan concrete scanner, locate embedded objects in multiple layers of concrete up to 12 inches in depth.
Identify drill hole exit points, measure thickness of base material and calculate drill lengths
The PX 10 Transpointer is a precise transpointer that can be used to detect entry and exit points, as well as the distance between them.