1. When does this Privacy Statement apply?
This California Privacy Statement does not apply to services offered by other companies or individuals, including products or sites that may be displayed to you in search results, sites that may include Hilti services, or other sites linked from our services nor to job applicants, current or former employees or independent contractors. This California Privacy Statement does not apply to personal data covered by sector-specific privacy laws.
We adopt this notice to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) and other California privacy laws. Any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this notice.
2. What types of personal data do we collect, process and use?
Personal data that we collect, process and use in connection with the services, websites and apps includes not only information that we actively collect while you interact with us but also information that you provide to us via our customer service team, the Hilti stores and/or our sales team. We only process your personal data for business purposes.
In particular, we collected the following categories of personal information from Consumers for specific purposes within the last twelve (12) months:
Purposes of the Processing
Type of Personal Data and Information on Cookies Used (if applicable)
To provide, maintain, protect and improve our services, websites and apps, to develop new ones, and to protect Hilti and our customers.
To facilitate and process product and service orders placed on the services, websites and apps
Where applicable, to establish, execute or terminate contracts in connection with your use our services, trainings, websites and apps, such as orders placed via the Hilti Online Shop; Perform your order processing and delivery in relation with local carrier for logistics purposes; or establish, execute or terminate contract in regards with service agreements e.g. On!Track app;
Personal data contained in contracts, communications, and business letters
VAT records and Customs & Excise duty
For logistics and order delivery purposes:
For the purpose of using services, trainings and the On!Track App:
To answer your questions and respond to the requests you make in connection with the provision of technical support or other customer services and Customer Chats (e.g, AskHilti)
To make our website more user-friendly and to gain an insight into the usage behavior of visitors to our website and users of our apps and software, on a pseudonymous basis and across multiple devices, for advertising and market research purposes and to enable us to tailor website content to individual preferences
To perform analytics and conduct customer research, including general market research or surveying our customers' needs and opinions on specific issues, generating sales and traffic patterns, and to analyze advertising effectiveness, both on an anonymous basis (e.g., by aggregating data) or on an individual basis (if legally permissible);
To enable you to use our services, websites and apps as a registered user
To prevent abusive or illegal use of our services, websites and apps Compliance with legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcement of our agreements;
Evaluation of your eligibility for certain types of offers, products or services
To communicate with you on other matters (e.g., to send you reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, support and administrative messages or service bulletins);
To provide you with information about products and services that may be of interest to you performed through traditional mail, email, telephone, fax, newsletter, text/SMS, and MMS messaging, including periodic sending of promotional materials on products, services and promotions of Hilti specifically dedicated to you (direct marketing);
To administer surveys, competitions, prize draws, or other activities or events in which you have voluntarily taken part
3. Why and with whom do we share personal data?
The definitions below are as defined in article 1798.140 CCPA.
We may disclose your personal data to “Service Providers.”
We do not sell, trade or rent your personal data.
4. What privacy choices do you have as a California Resident?
If you are a California resident, you may ask us to provide you with information regarding the processing of your personal data.
Your Consumer Rights are the following for personal data collected in the last twelve (12) months preceding your verifiable request’s receipt:
- Right to know: You may request that we disclose your personal data we have collected, used, shared and why we collected, used or shared such data.
- Right to Correct: You may request that we correct or update inaccurate personal data, for example when your situation has changed.
- Right to opt-out from marketing communications: You have the right to opt-out from further marketing communications. You can also change your privacy choices in the Preference Center in your Hilti account settings.
- Right to deletion: You may request that we delete your personal data we have collected.
- Right to access and portability: You may request that we disclose your personal data in a portable and readily usable format that allows you to transmit such information to another entity. Such request can be made not more than twice in a 12-month period.
Request response and format:
We will process and assess your request in a timely manner within 45 calendar days. Such deadline can be extended and exceptions apply by which we are exempted from fulfilling your request, as provided by CCPA. In the event a deadline needs to be extended or an exception is applicable, we will inform you in writing electronically on further details.
Exercising your Consumer Rights is free of charge unless your request is excessive, repetitive and/or manifestly unfounded. We will inform you of such decision where we believe it is the case and provide you with a cost estimation before proceeding with your request.
5. What are your other rights as a Consumer?
As a California Resident, you have the Right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of the Consumer rights as provided by CCPA.
By exercising your Rights, we ensure you will not be:
- Denied goods or services,
- Charged different prices or rates,
- Provided a different level or quality of goods or services or,
- Suggested that you will receive a different price or rate or a different level of quality of goods and services
6. How can I exercise my Consumer Rights?
You can also contact us:
- Call our toll-free number: 1-800-879-8000 from Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Central Time
- Write to us: Hilti North America – Corporate Legal Department - Data Protection Officer - 7250 Dallas Pkwy #1000, Plano, TX 75024. If you decide to write to us, please provide us with your full name, e-mail address and details of your request.