EXO-S Shoulder ExoskeletonNew product
Wearable construction exoskeleton which helps relieve shoulder and neck fatigue when working above shoulder level, for bicep circumference up to 40cm (16”)
Features & Applications
- Safer jobsites – helps reduce worker’s shoulder and neck fatigue when working overhead by lowering physical strain
- Attract and retain the best team members – construction exoskeletons contribute to workforce wellbeing by helping cut down on sick leave caused by physically demanding work
- Practical, user-friendly design – engineered to make wearing, adjusting and cleaning as easy as possible under jobsite conditions
- Customizable – a neck support could be added for extra relief during the most demanding overhead tasks
- Suitable for all-day use – providing freedom of movement and weighing just 5 lbs, EXO-S is one of the lightest shoulder exoskeletons currently available
- Ideal for continuous or repetitive overhead tasks, with or without using tools
- Installing drywall – fastening track to ceilings and walls, taping, hanging & screwing board
- Surface grinding and sanding – finishing on walls/ceilings
- Overhead installation – piping, sprinklers, air ducts, conduits, cable trays and channels
Documents & Videos
Consulting & Support
Ratings & Reviews
EXO-S Construction Exoskeleton
Redefine overhead work with Hilti's upper-body exoskeleton
Help keep your projects running smoothly with the EXO-S exoskeleton – Hilti’s new transformative technology designed to help improve jobsite efficiency, while assisting with alleviating upper-body fatigue and pain resulting from repetitive overhead tasks.
To help ensure you’re getting the most of out of your EXO-S on the jobsite, Hilti offers implementation, training and support for your EXO-S. It’s one more way Hilti is there for you from start to finish.
Unparalleled support with adaptability
Hilti’s new EXO-S upper-body exoskeleton can assist with reducing arm and shoulder muscle fatigue during long periods of overhead work, while giving you more freedom of movement and a full range of motion. The ultralight exoskeleton, weighing in at less than 6 lbs., offers dynamic support and control through easier adjustability for a wide range of body types.
Benefits of the EXO-S
Enhanced jobsite efficiency
Focusing on reducing strain and fatigue for both experienced and novice users, the EXO-S helps maintain high productivity levels on the jobsite by aiding in the reduction of fatigue in workers. The EXO-S construction exoskeleton helps increase comfort levels in demanding applications like overhead drywall, piping, air duct, cables and conduit installation among others.
Designed for construction
The EXO-S reimagines overhead applications during a time the construction industry is experiencing a labor shortage. Created specifically for the construction industry, Hilti’s innovative upper-body exoskeleton solution helps alleviate the impact of physically intensive work. This can help reduce fatigue for your crew, and in turn aid with sustained efficiency – assisting you in attracting and retaining skilled labor.
Less pain, more gain
Offering an unimpeded range of motion in an easier-to-wear and lightweight solution weighing in at less than 6 lbs., the EXO-S provides dynamic support without restricting the span of motion of the arm and torso. The EXO-S leverages passive exoskeleton technology that is intuitive, well-balanced and easier-to-adjust on a wide range of body types.
Versatility and mobility
The EXO-S is engineered to help provide support for virtually any overhead installation work on construction jobsites. There’s no power source needed and no motors to maintain, helping to ensure your construction exoskeleton is ready whenever you need it. This lightweight system with a wearable backpack design helps to reduce the impact of physically intensive, repetitive movements from overhead and shoulder height applications, allowing you to more effectively tackle overhead work.
- Suspended ceiling
- Ceiling and wall sanding
- Finishing (grinding)
- Heaving drilling (bridges, rebar)
- Slab formwork
- Piping (HVAC)
- Air duct installation
- Drilling overhead
- Cable fixation overhead
- IT infrastructure
Tools for overhead applications
Long-neck random orbital drywall sander with variable-speed brushless motor and dust extractionShop now
Cordless drywall screwdriver
Cordless drywall screwdriver with brushless motor for hanging drywall, wood boards and exterior sheathingShop now
Cordless concrete nailer
Concrete nailer for attaching drywall track and other light-duty fastening to concrete, steel and masonryShop now
Concrete grinder for light-duty grinding and finishing of wall surfacesShop now
Cordless impact driver
Power-class cordless impact driver with high-speed brushless motor and precise handling to help you save time on high-volume fastening jobsShop now
Cordless rotary hammer
Cordless rotary hammer with our best performance-to-weight ratio for overhead drillingShop now