Great Place to Work® and Fortune Name Hilti, Inc. one of the 2021 100 Best Companies to Work For®
April 13, 2021
Plano, Texas — Great Place to Work® and Fortune have placed Hilti, Inc. in the number 95 spot on the 100 Best Companies to Work For®. Earning a place on the list means that Hilti, Inc. is one of the best companies to work for in the country.
The Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® award is based on analysis of survey responses from more than half a million current employees across the U.S. In that survey, 93% of Hilti team members said Hilti is a great place to work.
“At Hilti, we live our core values of Teamwork, Integrity, Courage and Commitment every day, and being grounded in that strong value system has been especially important over the last year,” said Region Head and CEO Martina McIsaac. “This recognition is a great validation of what Hilti team members already know: Hilti is an exceptional place to build a career.”
To determine the 2021 list, Great Place to Work® surveyed over half a million employees on issues including how trustworthy, caring and fair the company is in times of crises; employees’ physical, emotional and financial health; and the company’s broader community impact. Particular attention was paid to how employees’ experiences varied depending on their job role, gender, race/ethnicity, payroll status, and other characteristics to ensure that the company is creating a great workplace for all.
“Congratulations to the 100 Best Companies to Work For. These companies stood out for heroic efforts to care for their employees, their customers and our society, in a difficult year,” said Michael C. Bush, CEO of Great Place to Work. “Remarkably, our research found that employee experience scores rose at these workplaces overall last year – a testament to the resilience of their inclusive, high-trust cultures.”
Companies were also assessed on how employees’ experiences varied depending on their job role, gender, race/ethnicity, payroll status, and other characteristics to ensure that the company is creating a great workplace for all.
This year, 60% of each company’s score is based on confidential employee feedback. The remaining 40 percent is based on the programs each company said they created to support their people and communities in response to the pandemic. This methodology represents a change in response to the unique circumstances of 2020.
In pre-pandemic times, 75% of each company’s score is based on confidential employee feedback and 25% is based on our assessment of employees’ daily experiences of the company’s values, people’s ability to contribute new ideas, and their leaders’ effectiveness. Great Place to Work will be returning to this methodology next year.
The international Hilti Group supplies the worldwide construction industry with technologically leading hardware, consumables, software and services that provide construction professionals with innovative solutions and superior added value. Hilti employs 30,000 people in over 120 countries who passionately create enthusiastic customers and build a better future. Hilti’s North America operations include more than 3,800 employees in three countries.
About the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® ™
Great Place to Work® selected the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® by gathering and analyzing confidential survey responses from more than half a million employees at Great Place to Work-Certified™ organizations across the country. Company rankings are derived from over 60 employee experience questions within the Great Place to Work Trust Index™ survey. Read the full methodology.
About Great Place to Work®
Great Place to Work® is a global authority on workplace culture. Since 1992, they have surveyed more than 100 million employees worldwide and used those deep insights to define what makes a great workplace: trust. Their employee survey platform empowers leaders with the feedback, real-time reporting and insights they need to make data-driven people decisions. Everything they do is driven by the mission to build a better world by helping every organization become a great place to work For All™.