Please note, the order volume has been updated. This is due to package and minimum order quantities.
Stand-up systems for deck fastening
We have two stand-up systems for fastening decking – one a screw fastening solution and the other a direct fastening solution.
They both include stand-up installation tools and a wide range of collated screws and nails to fasten decking to bar joists, thick and thin steel, HTU, or metal.
Both are designed to speed up installation, to be ergonomic and are alternatives to welding.
Screw Fastening System
Our screw fastening system can be used for both sidelap and frame fastening and is designed to be:
- Ergonomic – with the Hilti SDT there’s little need for bending down
- Fast to use – the Hilti SDT is mobile, so no need to carry a power supply onto the deck
- Productive – it works with collated screw strips, designed to work continually with less stopping and starting, helping to save time on the jobsite
- High loads - it can achieve higher loads compared to single standard #10 screws
The system includes:
WATCH THE HILTI STAND-UP SDT IN ACTION
See just how fast you can work with the SDT stand-up tool.
How to use the Hilti SDT
Another Alternative to Welding - Direct Fastening Systems
Our mechanical screw fastening and direct fastening solutions can attach decking to bar joists of structural steel beams.
- Designed for fast installation – our stand-up tools, collated screw and nail strips help to save time compared to welding or single screw fastening
- No need for welding – no fumes, no holes, and you can work in virtually any weather, even if it rains
- There’s no need for specialists or certified welding skills onsite
- Avoid the need to bend down during installation – both of our systems use stand-up fastening tools
- Keep you mobile – there’s no need for external power supplies or to take cables up onto decking, many of our tools are battery-powered or powder-actuated
- Engineering expertise - our solutions are supported by Hilti engineering expertise onsite, on the phone or online
- Use Hilti PROFIS DF Diaphragm design software to calculate loads and fastening patterns – it’s free to use for registered Hilti.comaccount holders
- Approvals – our steel deck fastening systems have been extensively evaluated by ICC ESR, COLA, FM and UL
Direct fastening solutions for decking include:
Contact us for more information
Hilti engineer jobsite visit
Our expert Hilti engineers can work with you on the jobsite and help to choose fastening solutions for your project.
Ask for a demo
Contact your local Hilti customer service team if you’d like to see our products in action on the jobsite - see how you can save time on the jobsite.
Call our Hilti customer service team
Call your local Hilti customer service team for help choosing screw fastenings or for more information about any of our tools, services and software.
RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT
Research and development is at the core of what we do. At Hilti we’ve been creating innovative technologies for more than 75 years since our company was founded.
The Hilti mechanical alternatives to welding - our SDT, DX tools, collated screw strips and nails - are just some of the many innovative technologies that have resulted from this commitment.
We run our own engineering Innovation Centers and conduct more research and tests with partners from industry, leading engineering institutes and universities worldwide.
More than two-thirds of our Hilti staff work directly with our customers every day, all over the world. So we understand the challenges you’re experiencing and what’s needed on the jobsite.
That’s what our R&D is all about – finding solutions to the problems you face. Our commitment is to help you to be safer, more productive and be able to build with more daring.