FIRESTOP FOR BUILDING OWNERS AND SPECIALIST CONSULTANTS
At Hilti we can help you with specification and design for passive fire protection systems.
We also offer cutting-edge products, easy to use design software and technical backup onsite, online and on the phone. Just get in touch with your local Hilti office if you can’t find what you need online.
WIDE RANGE OF EASY TO INSTALL FIRESTOP SOLUTIONS
We offer a wide range of firestop products for many different applications and solutions, tested to the most stringent international standards such as ASTM and UL.
Our preformed firestop products can increase your productivity. They come with firestop material already inserted inside, making them easy and fast to install, retrofit and inspect.
For instance our soft firestop blocks can be installed without mortar, easy to remove and reuse. Our firestop cable discs just wrap around cables.
EXPERT DESIGN TOOLS AND INFORMATION FOR FIRESTOP
Our online Hilti technical manuals, approval documents and technical specifications help you to design quickly and easily. Simply cut and paste drawings and text into your own design from our Technical Library.
- 2D drawings
- Specification text
- Pre-planning documents
- Approval documents
We also offer software and apps to choose products and design firestop systems, including an extensive BIM/CAD library of Hilti objects and our automated design system, Hilti Firestop Plug-in for Autodesk.
- BIM/CAD library of Hilti products – accessible through Revit, Autocad, bimobject.com and our Hilti download site.
- Product selection – use our Hilti PROFIS 3 software to choose products and track your purchasing
- The Hilti Firestop Plug-in for Autodesk – which automates identifying penetrations, generates a bill of material and recommends listed firestop systems including key data and documentation
IMPROVING BUILDING PERFORMANCE WITH FIRESTOP
Our Hilti firestop products can improve building performance as well as help protect from fire. They’ve been tested beyond UL fire protection tests and can enhance:
- Building acoustics – by blocking up gaps, which also carry sound
- Protect buildings from mold and mildew – we offer mold and mildew resistant products, which can be particularly helpful in the design of hospitals
- Follow LEED certification for green building